Discover Why Your Sprinters Still Struggle to Push Out of the Blocks...And Real World Solutions to Fixing the Problems.
Download How to Find and Fix Common Errors in Sprint Mechanics for Only $9.95!
Press Play for a preview of the presentation I've been asked to give at some of the biggest HS coaching conferences in th United States...
Order the 'Finding and Fixing Fatal Flaws in Sprinters' Program For Only $9.95!
My name is Latif Thomas.
I’m currently the sprints, hurdles and jumps coach at Bishop Feehan High School in Massachusetts.
I don’t claim to be anything I’m not. I don’t work with Olympians. I couldn’t tell you what their specific needs are. (OK, I could. But that’s not the point.) Because I don’t need to know them. And you don’t either.
I work with teenagers. Kids without a ton of experience and a lot of basic problems. Over the years I’ve made somewhat of a name for myself by consistently getting eye opening results despite having many of the same limitations you may also have:
- I coach at a relatively small (~1000 kids), suburban school in New England.
- I don’t have indoor track access during the winter and we’re not allowed to use the gym so we’re stuck in 2 V-shaped 30m hallways. (Basketball is too important…)
- Our weight room is quite literally a converted storage closet.
- It stays cold here in Massachusetts!
Of course, you probably still want to know my credentials. I understand. Here are some of them:
- I hold a USA Track and Field Level II Certification (Sprints, Hurdles & Relays), USTFCCCA Event Specialist (Sprints, Hurdles, Relays), and I am a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist from the NSCA.
- In 2005, I was voted Massachusetts State Track Coaches’ Association Coach of the Year.
- I’ve been a featured speaker at major coaching conferences: Ohio Track & Cross Country Coaches Clinic, Illinois State Track Coaches Clinic, Wisconsin State Track Coaches Clinic, New England Track Coaches Clinic, the USTFCCCA National Convention and the International Youth Conditioning Association Annual Coaching Summit.
- In college, I was an All East sprinter (200m) at the University of Connecticut.
I couldn’t tell you how many individual and relay Champions I’ve coached over the years. It all starts to run together.
But, in 2009, my girls 4x100m relay team ran the fastest 4x100 time in Massachusetts history in winning their second consecutive All State Championship. They won back to back State Titles in the indoor 4x200 as well.
I run a website, CompleteTrackandField.com, that produces articles, videos and coaching education resources for high school coaches across all event groups and disciplines. And we post exclusive content from some of the most successful and esteemed educators and instructors in our entire sport.
During the summer, I’m Co-Director of the Complete Track and Field Clinic held at Harvard University. It’s one of the biggest high school track and field clinics in the country. In the 4 years we’ve run the event, we’ve hosted over 1,300 high school sprinters, hurdlers, jumpers, throwers and distance runners from all 50 States and 11 different countries.
Why do I bother saying this?
While I’m no Olympic coach, I have helped tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of coaches, parents and trainers develop top flight sprinters by simplifying the process into a model both experienced and inexperienced coaches can quickly and easily implement with outstanding results. And because I work with the same age groups you do, I’m in tune with the specific strengths and weaknesses of teenage athletes.
I also understand the real world limitations faced by coaches and parents trying to train them with limited time and resources.
If you understand the value of one or two ideas that might shave a tenth or two off your sprinters' times, then $9.95 is a steal.
If you don't agree, I'll give you your money back.